As a small business owner creating a seamless shopping experience for your customers is crucial. This journey begins as soon as the customer enters your store and continues at the register. Choosing the right POS (point of sale) system for your business's needs plays a massive role in this process. Here are a few things to consider when choosing a POS system for your business.
Figure Out Your Businesses Needs
Do some internal research before you start scouring the web for payment processors. Figure out what you need and what you don't. Doing this will provide clarity in your search.
Take a Look at Your Current Hardware
POS systems are a huge investment. Suppose you already have a setup for accepting payments, like an iPad. In that case, looking for payment processing software that can integrate into your existing POS system might be a better option. For example, suppose you happen to have a Clover device. In that case, you can easily pair it with our True Cash Discount application and eliminate those pesky processing fees for as low as $25 a month!
New POS System Checklist
- POS software features (ability to store customer data, invoices, inventory, customer loyalty programs)
- Level of mobility (would you like to be able to check out customers from anywhere within your business?)
- POS software fees
- Initial setup cost
- Equipment rental fees/ costs
- Monthly processing fees (chargeback fees, PCI compliance fees)
- Processing costs (% of sale + cost per transaction)
Whatever route you end up going down, make sure your chosen POS system aligns with your business's needs and goals. For all things, payment processing related, be sure to check out our website, and as always, remember to look local first.